Wednesday 23 January 2013

Wot? No grafiks?




You may have noticed a distinct lack of images in the last few posts. This is the result of two experiences.

1.      My home computer situation is rather dire at the moment. The relic I am using groans to simply output a significantly usable wifi signal from the access point adapter in its USB 1.0 ports. Old faithful does not arrive for another three weeks or so which makes most processing tasks long and tedious.

2.      I recently read about the ethics of image appropriation and was mildly shocked at the blatancy of theft and recirculation of personal, public and corporate images without permission. I too am guilty, although I have yet to turn a profit from my use of copyrighted images on this here blog.

What does this mean for this blog? Well, aside from appearing a little sparse for the time being, from now all images used here will be with permission of the image/copyright holders or else photography done by yours truly. While this may slow things dow in does have a number of professional advantages including: rectifying rampant theft by correctly asserting ownership and building concrete relations with those artists and designers responsible for the images. Oh, and it gives me another channel to put my interpretive, painfully bad photography out there into the world.

Stay tuned…

No comments: